|Your dollar is your vote!|
Those of us in the wealthy West consume more than the earth can sustain. If everyone were to live like us, it would take 4-6 planets to supply us and handle our waste. And the reason we can buy so much so cheaply is that we do not pay the true cost of much of what we consume – whether it be the true cost of human labour, or the true cost to the earth.
If we want to care for others and care for the planet, then we need to put our money where our mouth is. As the Ethical Consumer Group say, your dollar is your vote!
Related Manna Matters articles:
- How we are all implicated in the suffering of the DRC
- A month without plastic
- Waste, providence & dumpster diving
- The benefits of cooperative purchasing of dry goods
- Unintended Consequences?: Ethical consumption & low-income labour
- Ethical Consumption: A new legalism or the law or love?
- The Torah of Ethical Consumption: 7 guiding principles
- Meet your Meat
- The story of our organic food co-op
- The problem of e-waste
- Supermarket Checkout: principles for ethical shopping
- Responsibility starts at home
^ back to top